Positively Impact the health of your community
with ACU’s online Doctor of Nursing Practice
- 100% online program with no travel or residency requirements—students are able to perform all of their clinical hours within their community.
- Complete your doctorate in just 26 months and be equipped for a leadership role such as Director of Nursing, CNO, Director of Clinical Services, Director of Advanced Practice Nurses, or Lead Clinician.
- Grow as a clinician and leader in the profession by having your own faculty mentor/advisor to guide you through your curriculum and practicum.
- ACU's DNP program is available only to master's prepared nursing professionals.
- Embrace your faith in an online learning community with professors and classmates.
At ACU, you can also specialize your Doctor of Nursing Practice. Concentration course topics include:
Our Doctor of Nursing Practice is designed to further develop your clinical and leadership skills as a medical professional through a combination of online learning and practical application in the workplace. Students have the opportunity to demonstrate leadership to proactively develop, implement, and evaluate ethical healthcare policies at all levels. By earning your degree, you’ll encourage your own career development while helping guide and support colleagues in their own journey in the healthcare profession.
Connected to a Family of Faith
A family-like atmosphere, even in an online class setting, is what attracted ACU Doctor of Nursing Practice Program Director Dr. Tonya Sawyer-McGee to her position. It’s also why she believes students continue to choose ACU to prepare to become effective nurse practitioners.Request Info
"I had an excellent professor. She was approachable and very responsive to questions, generally replying within a few hours. She encouraged not only email questions but also invited us to feel free to reach out to her through her cell phone or text. Definitely one of the best professors that I’ve ever had."
Abilene Christian University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, master's, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Ga. 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of ACU.
Mobile Learning Innovation
Because you are immersed in a digitally connected world, ACU is committed to providing innovative technologies that can help you build rapport and develop meaningful relationships with instructors and your fellow students.
Our online learning platform allows you to communicate with professors from mobile devices and interact with classmates through group work, blogs, and discussion boards.
ACU’s online flexibility empowers you to balance work, family, church, and other personal commitments while earning your degree.